Author Topic: Year 488 Summer campaign  (Read 2585 times)

GM Craig

• Administrator
Re: Year 488 Summer campaign
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 11:37:53 PM »
Absolutely, plunder includes prisoners for ransom. Nobles, squires, anyone of any kind of rank or importance is likely to have someone somewhere willing to pay a ransom. Peasants are unlikely to be viable, costing more in food and upkeep than you'd ever get back as a ransom. But anyone of noble blood or high office would be worth taking prisoner.

The noblewoman (presuming she is such) has attacked Sir Cedwyn. That alone removes any oblige noblesse. At this point, taking anyone inside for ransoms would be expected, though they appear to have thoughts on that happening as well and may force you to take them on the point of a sword. Given the attack against his person, Sir Cedwyn would be well justified in simply killing everyone in the castle and putting their heads on pikes as an example to pacify the countryside. It would not do if the Frankish nobles started getting ideas about getting uppity.

Not that Sir Cedwyn leans that way, reputation-wise. But I suspect that, for example, Sir Geoffrey (or most other knights for that matter) would not show Sir Cedwyn's forbearance. Sometimes the ransom is not worth it.

Geoffrey

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2018, 08:39:23 AM »
"...although I cannot promise gentle treatment for those crossbowmen if they seek to feather me again."

I might just be that over tired this morning that I found that funny enough to laugh out loud, but regardless, it did make me laugh.  Thanks Darren.  :)

Valka

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 09:17:25 AM »
Man I wish Valka was there just to have heard the woman. Lol

Geoffrey

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »
Corey, I wanted to remind you of something Arne said to Cedwyn in case you missed it or forgot.

Quote from: Arne
"...Either the lady of the manor is a foul-mannered fishwife, or one of her maids is speaking to buy her lady time for escape.  This manor might have an escape tunnel."

I think Darren might be on to something here, they have to know that resisting a group this size more than likely means their deaths.

Arne

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2018, 12:46:13 AM »
Man I wish Valka was there just to have heard the woman. Lol

That would have been funny to watch.  Either Valka would have been laughing her head off at the Frankish woman's skill with insults, or she would've torn the manor down with her bare hands.   ;D
Warriors don't show their heart until the axe reveals it. - Floki, Vikings

Arne

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 01:23:52 AM »
"...although I cannot promise gentle treatment for those crossbowmen if they seek to feather me again."

I might just be that over tired this morning that I found that funny enough to laugh out loud, but regardless, it did make me laugh.  Thanks Darren.  :)

I was thinking of Deadpool when that comment came out.   ;)  Actually, I was thinking of paraphrasing one of the movie's more famous lines out to the crossbowmen . . .

"Fellas! Hey! Hey! You only work for that shit-spackled muppet fart. So, I'm going to give you a chance for you all to lay down your weapons ... in exchange for preferential, bordering on gentle... possibly even lover-like treatment!"

Valka

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 10:43:37 AM »
I snorted.

Arne

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 09:59:36 PM »
Tripping over his own feet while running into the house.  Wow, I felt like Nux from Fury Road.  I'm surprised that Sir Cedwyn didn't shake his head and say, "Ahh, mediocre!"   :P

Geoffrey

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »
Oh man, Cedwyn is possibly about to have his ass handed to him by a couple of women!

Yeah yeah, I know, it's not PC, but this is Pendragon so it's okay to make a comment like that. :P

Valka

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 03:02:44 PM »
LOL

Geoffrey

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »
Darren, why isn’t Arne using his axe?

Arne

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 09:04:52 PM »
His skill with the sword is only 1 pt. less than his skill with the great axe (actually they're equal, but Arne has a blessed great axe that gives him +1 on hit rolls), and swords don't break.

Geoffrey

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 08:54:13 AM »
Awareness roll of 12 vs 13, success.

I can always count on the Irishman to succeed in his check when everyone else fails. :)

Artaigne

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21:18 PM »
May not be able to do anything about it, but I can see it  :o
The sinister, landless, lord-less, fortune-seeking Hibernian random-hunter.

Artaigne

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2018, 08:21:57 AM »
I think the dice roller is just built for DnD where ya want high rolls.  ;D
The sinister, landless, lord-less, fortune-seeking Hibernian random-hunter.