Author Topic: Year 488 Summer campaign  (Read 2588 times)

Geoffrey

Re: Year 488 Summer campaign
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »
I was starting to think I'd have the second PC death before anyone else even got to their first.

Valka

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2019, 02:35:06 PM »
He turned next to the senior knight.  "Sir Cedwyn, do we have any læknar . . ."  he shook his head irritably and fought to remember the Cymric word, ". . . chir-urgeons with our host that could tend to Gunnolf?"

And how much does it cost  :-\

Cedwyn

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
Soooo...I’m on the fence. My gut says we should attack from the front since we have numerical advantage. No need for fancy measures here just go for the jugular. That feels right for Cedwyn.

Thoughts?

Arne

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2019, 08:14:51 AM »
Not bad.  If we give them an escape route, though, they might withdraw or run after the first few exchanges.  We wouldn't wipe them out in one fell swoop that way, but we'd take less casualties and hopefully still force them to be herded and at a disadvantage. 

The disadvantage to the herding tactic, though, is that they know the land better than us, so they could (with some good rolls from their commander) lure us into some crappy terrain where they gain the advantage, or sucker us to a place where another Frankish force could be close by.

That being said, I'm leaning toward smashing them here and now so we won't have to worry about them later on.
Warriors don't show their heart until the axe reveals it. - Floki, Vikings

Artaigne

« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2019, 09:17:54 AM »
A frontal attack sounds good, so long as we don't chase them into a trap.
The sinister, landless, lord-less, fortune-seeking Hibernian random-hunter.

GM Craig

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2019, 06:39:04 PM »
You could do the frontal attack, but send a force of knights to flank. Charging knights would greatly disrupt their lines, but the mission would be very risky for the knights themselves. Great opportunity for glory, so high-risk, high-reward.