Author Topic: Northmen Questions  (Read 681 times)

GM Craig

• Administrator
Northmen Questions
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »
OK, so keeping track of finances and investments in Pendragon is really built around the manor. Since the Northmen do not have a manor, their situation is a little more complicated.

I need to know if you guys, as a married couple who are effectively leaders of a mercenary band, are pooling resources. Remember, there is no £ coin, so you guys are having to look after 240 denarii for every pound you own. We can certainly keep it separate, but the bookkeeping becomes a little more complicated on my end.

So, pool the resources and treat you guys like a manor? Or keep things separate, and you're each going to have to worry about keeping track of where all your coins are.

I believe Sir Geoffry has made the strong room in Falt Manor available to you, and with Habren as steward, you'll go through her to access your money, so it's all going into one pile anyway, and Lady Habren isn't going to track the money separately. By Cymric Law, the money is considered Arne's anyway, though the Northmen have very different customs, and Lady Habren could be sensitive to that.

Arne

Re: Northmen Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 09:23:35 PM »
I wouldn't have a problem with Arne and Valka pooling their resources and having it kept at Falt Manor for safekeeping.  As far as I'm concerned, the less bookkeeping the better, and it would also show that Arne and Valka trusted Lady Habren and Sir Geoffrey.

Regarding Cymric law, though . . . what concerns would Lady Habren have?  That Arne expected Valka to be able to withdraw funds on her own?
Warriors don't show their heart until the axe reveals it. - Floki, Vikings

GM Craig

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 01:14:32 AM »
Yeah, but that's fine. If you told her that was permitted, she'd be cool with that.

Valka

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 01:03:03 PM »
Sounds good to me. Can Craig post up the current finances total to date which includes the expenditures we made this winter?